Have you get started on Facebook? Facebook is a good place to start for social networking and businesses. If you’d like to get in on the social networking scene, but maybe you aren’t sure where to start. Today I will share some ideas that tips that can help you take the first steps to getting on the networking scene.
Whether you are interested in promoting your business through social networking or just want to catch up with friends, it can be intimidating if you aren’t sure how it works.
Are you ready? Lets get started.
What Is Facebook?
You can think of Facebook as a way for people to stay connected.
You update your status and read the status updates of other people, and you can search for people whom you know and who know you.
You “friend” people and accept friend requests from others. You can join and start groups, and invite others to join. Facebook allows you to share sites, pages, and information that you like.
Get Started On Facebook
- First, log on to Facebook.com and follow the on-screen directions for setting up an account. It’s quite user friendly, and you can change the information you put in your profile at any time.
- Your profile should say pertinent things about you, whether it’s your business or your personal account.
You do need to decide whether or not you are going to go at this from a business or personal perspective, because the general opinion is that personal and business communications on Facebook should be separate.
- Once you set up your account, you can search for friends using the Search feature.
Facebook allows you to search groups, or search for people according to a certain demographic (people who share your graduation year, for example, or your home town).
Once you have a few friends, you can search for friends of friends – those mutual friendships you share. Then your friend list will start growing.
- Get started on Facebook privacy settings can be adjusted according to your preferences.
Check into the guidelines and make sure you have the settings where you want them. You are in control of who sees your profile and updates.
You can also block people you don’t want to contact you on Facebook.
- You can communicate with your friends in various ways. If you “write on their wall” then you are posting something others can see.
The friend whose wall you wrote on would have his or her own privacy settings, and your friend decides who sees what’s on his or her wall. So just beware that the wall is considered “public.”
You can also send messages to individuals. If you hover your mouse pointer over a person’s picture, the option to send a message comes up. Messages sent this way are not readable by others.
- Creating groups is also a nice feature of Facebook. Create an “open” group if you want those you invite to be able to invite others to be in your group.
I hope you find these information helpful for you to get started on Facebook. If you have any question or anything that you want to know more, you are welcome to comment below.
If you like this article, you might like my other articles too:
- Facebook Marketing for Small Business Owner
- How To Make Money on Facebook – Tips for Beginners
- Facebook Marketing: Promoting Your Business On Facebook